Special Olympics Programs:
Track & Field and Aquatics for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Have Dreams is offering the opportunity to participate in the upcoming Special Olympics.
Enrollment is now open!
Young athletes receive training to compete at the local Special Olympics Track & Field and Aquatics meets. This program:
- Includes a healthy living learning unit
- Focuses on endurance training and teamwork
- Builds swimming stroke technique (aquatics)
- Develops running, throwing, and jumping skills (track & field)
Aquatics Swim Team
- Participants must be at least 13 years old to participate in Aquatics
- Must have swim experience (intermediate to advanced swim skills)
- Training facility is located at Northwestern University
- Saturday mornings at 12 pm-1:30 pm.
- $50 per class, insurance not accepted
Track & Field Team
- Participants must be at least 8 years old to participate in Track & Field
- Located at Baker Demonstration School in Wilmette
- Saturday mornings at 10 am-11:30 am.
- Group Sport (throwing, running and jumping) is available
- $180 total for the program, insurance not accepted
Training is conducted by certified experienced coaches in safe, friendly, and supportive environments.
For more information contact Dana Fenceroy, Outreach Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for fliers (PDF):