Looking for a way to get fit and stay active?
For the Chicago Marathon, guaranteed registration during the lottery will open up on October 23rd until November 29th. After lottery registration closes, we will have Post-Close entries until March 31st, 2019. Also, you are welcome to fundraise for us through other races!
Fundraising Minimum Requirements:
Guaranteed Entry (October 23rd – November 29th): $1,250
Post-Close Entry (November 30th – March 31st): $1,750
Any Half Marathon race: $500
Any 5K race: $250
Ten awesome benefits you get running for Have Dreams:
1. $205 Registration fee covered for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon!
2. Your very own personalized team coach Jennifer Harrison! Jennifer is a USAT Level II Certified Triathlon coach in the Chicagoland area. Jennifer has over 15 years of coaching experience with athletes of all levels, and has also competed in over 200 Triathlons and Duathlons since 1995. See http://jenharrison.com for more information on Jennifer and her renowned coaching. (Chicago Marathon only)
3. Runner Training Bag filled with various items you can use such as: Protein Bars, Ice Packs, Sunscreen, and more!
4. Team Have Dreams Dry-Fit Shirt.
5. Private Facebook Group that contains important updates, training pointers from Jen Harrison, fun posts and a place to ask any questions you may have!
6. Complimentary Pasta Party for you and a guest the day before the Chicago Marathon! Includes pasta, salad, pizza, soda/coffee, and cake!
7. Incentive Reward for the top fundraiser, as well as a chance to be entered into a raffle for anyone who raises $250 or more past their fundraising minimum!
8. Your very own personalized fundraising page through Crowdrise!
9. Helpful support and immediate responses back for any questions you have about training, fundraising, etc…
10. The chance to enrich the lives of kids, teens, and young adults on the autism spectrum.
All you have to do is:
- Fill out the Commitment Form
- The Fundraising Waiver will be e-mailed to you to fill out and return
- You will then be sent a link to register as an official runner for Team Have Dreams
If you have any questions about Team Have Dreams, please contact David Murray at email@example.com or 847-685-0250 Ext 105.
“Have Dreams allowed me to fulfill a long time dream to run a marathon and their program structure was perfect for me. What I thought would be a one and done turned out to be a second marathon with my son Leandro and I crossing the finish line together. We both went on to run two more marathons for Have Dreams. The friendly check in’s, the pre-marathon get together all led to a fantastic experience and the ability to raise money for a wonderful group of people who make a big difference in the day to day lives of the children and young adults with autism they touch.” – Aine O’ Brien, 2013 – 2016
“Thank you Have Dreams for an AMAZING Marathon Experience. From the start line to the finish line, I could not have asked for more support, encouragement, and inspiration. I was honored to be able to run on behalf of my own son who is on the Spectrum, but more importantly to be able to give back to this supportive and progressive organization. I work in the Disability field and am so gratified and humbled to be a part of such a great community. I am looking forward to running Chicago Marathon again and again on behalf of Team Have Dreams…. oh and the Mile 14 cheer station was a much needed spot of fun.” – Marilyn Morrison, 2018
“This year will be my third marathon for Have Dreams. I choose to run for Have Dreams because not only have I had the wonderful opportunity to work for them and see the amazing programs and services myself, but I am also a special education teacher. This is my fifth year teaching students with special needs and each year I become more and more passionate about ensuring students receive the services and supports they need. I enjoy Have Dreams because they create and make programs that really benefit students and it’s exciting to watch and be a part of. Although I don’t work for Have Dreams anymore, I thoroughly enjoy helping to raise funds to continue to support what they are doing over here.” – Kristie Wurglitz, 2015 – 2016 and 2018
Learn More about Have Dreams, a Leader in Autism Services for 20 Years:
Click on the video below to learn how Have Dreams is:
- Helping young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) enter the workforce
- Helping children, teens and young adults learn critical, social, communication and independent living skills (SCILS)
- Providing specialty programs, like film camps, tech clubs and social groups
- Providing a wide range of services for ages 16 months-25 years old and the full breadth of the autism spectrum