Life SCILS Program
Life SCILS (Social, Communication, and Independent Living Skills) Program
Have Dreams’ Life SCILS program is a community-based program that serves young adults with autism post-high school. The program is a balance of volunteer commitments and internships, fitness at the YMCA, and community engagement. These experiences focus on increasing independence, communication and social skills with peers in an inclusive community. Have Dream’s Life SCILS Program is based upon over 20 years of nationally recognized autism expertise and is designed to continue to build upon the accomplishments the participants have achieved. Our goal is for our Life SCILS participants to enjoy the abundant and varied experiences our community has to offer. We understand that this may be overwhelming for some individuals with ASD and can provide a resource list of other programs if needed.
Life SCILS Candidate Criteria*: Currently there is a wait list for this program.
Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Demonstrates appropriate self-regulation skills (i.e., no physical aggression towards self or others)
- Have independent daily living skills (i.e., independent in bathroom, independent meal routines)
- Daily health needs do not require medical assistance from staff (students must be able to self-administer medication)
- Able to be successful with a staff to student ratio of 1:5 (1:1 staff assistance is not available)
- Appropriately groomed for community inclusion, internships, and volunteer experiences
* Each potential candidate must complete a formal intake process to determine program eligibility.
Life SCILS is located at our Evanston location, Monday-Friday, from 9:30am-3:00pm. If you are interested in beginning the registration process, please download the Life SCILS Policy Form below. Once complete, forms may be mailed to Andrea Franckowiak or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Have Dreams is located at 2020 Dempster, Evanston, IL, 60202.
If there is a waitlist for the program, your name will be placed on our Interest List and you will be notified.
A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $50 must be received with your inquiry form. When a slot opens up, we will draw from the waitlist and you will be contacted. Click here to download the Life SCILS Policy Form: